Do you remember those good old days when we used to grab a SimCity CD-ROM out of our sibling’s room to play on our PC, and then we used to take it over to our friends’ house to show them how awesome it was? And we used to play them again with our friends’ until our siblings found out that it was missing. Well, those days are gone now. With the advancement of technology, our digital life has also changed in all these years. And in these recent times, all the games are delivered to us digitally over the internet. Isn’t it a fantastic thing? Due to this, now we can have our own games library, and now there is no need to rush to the store to pick up any game. Not only this, but you can also share your games with your family and friends. After all, sharing is caring. And sharing the same interests with the people we know brings us closer to them. Do you also want to share your favorite games with your friends and family? Want to know the way to do so? If yes, then don’t worry. We have got the method to do so. Please go through the full article to know more in this regard.
How to Share the Games With Your Friends and Family on Steam?
Steam is a digital platform where you can get to play a significant number of video games on your PC. It is a video game digital distribution service of Valve. From classic to the latest new games, this amazing digital gaming platform has got a plethora of great games from different genres. Steam makes it easy for its users to have the library of their games. On this excellent gaming platform, you can buy any individual games, if you want to have only one game at a time and then you don’t have to commit to a monthly fee. And not only this, but it also allows you to share your entire gaming library with your friends and family, and that too with much ease. It is an excellent feature for the parents also as it helps them to keep an eye on the gaming activities of their kids.
Along with that, it allows you to lend the games that you like to others. The person with whom you share your games can download the game and play on their computer system.
So, if you have got a lot of games in your Steam library on which your friend or any family member has an eye for a while, then Steam has made all that possible now. It has a feature that allows you to share your entire gaming library with your friends and family members. This feature is known by the name of Family Library Sharing. This is a useful feature if you want to test any game before actually purchasing it, so you can check that game on your friend’s account to see if it’s worth buying or not. So, if you want to share any games with your friends, the below-mentioned procedure can help you with that. Now, without any delay, let’s get straight to the method.
The Procedure to Share the Steam Gaming Library With Your Friends and Family
The procedure of sharing the Steam gaming library with the people we know is easy and includes some simple steps that are easy to follow. But before going through the process of sharing, it’s crucial to secure your account first. Here are the steps below to protect your Steam account.
To protect your Steam account, you need to enable a feature of Steam Guard on your account. And to enable that, follow these steps:
- Go to the home page of Steam and log into your account with your login details.
- On your profile page, click on the option of “Username” that should be placed in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Now, click on the option of “Account Details” in the drop-down menu.
- Now scroll down through your screen and select the option of “Manage Steam Guard Security”.
- Now, you will get three options on your screen from which you have to choose one to get the code for verification. Choose to get the code on your phone or your email id. And now, you can enable the feature of Family Library Sharing on your Steam account.
The Steps to Share Your Steam Games
To share your Steam gaming library with your friends, you need to have access to the computer system of your friend or the person with whom you are sharing your gaming library. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Log in to the computer system of the person you want to share your Steam games.
- Open the Steam app on the computer and log into your Steam account.
- On the upper-left corner of your screen, select the option of “Steam”. And then click on “Settings”.
- Now, click on the option of “Family” given in the side menu.
- Then, check the box that is placed next to the option of the “Authorize this Computer”. Or (Authorize Library Sharing on this computer).
- Make the final attempt by clicking on “Done” to complete the process.
Don’t forget to logout of your Steam account running on your friend’s computer. And now your friends can download and play the games of your Steam account on their computer. You can even send a request to your friend to play the games that they have installed on their computer. So, this was about sharing the Steam games with your friends and family that is super easy for anyone. Share any game with your friend now by going through the steps as mentioned above.